When handling industrial and employment matters, Burke & Mangan Lawyers have extensive experience assisting both employers and employees.
For employers, we can assist you with:
- Drafting Employment and Contractor Agreements and Policies
- Enforcement of Contractual Restraints
- Business advice for re-structuring, Award and Agreement Interpretation and compliance issues
- All industrial matters, including drafting agreements, representation in the Fair Work Commission and Federal Courts and Tribunals (Unfair dismissal, Unlawful Termination, Adverse Action, Union disputes)
We strongly encourage consultation before action. A five minute phone call can be the difference between an effective strategy and court.
For employees, we can assist you with:
- Reviewing your Employment Agreement to ensure it is fair and advising on restraints of trade
- Reviewing your workplace conditions to ensure you are being treated and paid correctly, including interpretation of Awards and Agreements
- Unfair dismissal, Unlawful Dismissal, Adverse Action, Discrimination, bullying, and harassment representation
If you believe you have been treated unfairly, it is best to seek advice (and sometimes before you act) by calling Burke & Mangan Lawyers – strict time limits apply to court applications.
We can provide assistance for clients affected by the following legislation:
- Fair Work Act;
- Work Health & Safety Act;
- Discrimination Legislation (Federal and State);
- Industrial Relations Act;
- Long Service Leave Act;
- Australian Consumer Law;
- Public Service Act;
- Restraint of Trades Act;
- Privacy Laws;
- Information about the various awards (State and Federal);
Contact us to find out more or to arrange a consultation with an experienced industrial relations and employment lawyer.